I’m thrilled to welcome Soul Mate author Linda Bradley to the Power of 10 series. Today, Linda shares her 10 best travel moments and her upcoming release, Maggie’s Fork in the Road.
1. Italy with my husband in 2013. It was a dream to see the Almalfi Coast. Positano had been on my bucket list and it was absolutely beautiful! A great way to begin a marriage of creative souls.
2. Ireland with friends, Beth and Deb. The trip across the pond was lengthy due to being stranded in Detroit, Michigan, thanks to a summer storm, but once there, the pubs settled my nerves along with the great company. That trip took me to Dublin, Cork, Galway, Moher, and…yes, I did kiss the Blarney Stone.
3. Montana with my oldest son. I knew I had to get there and with one foot off the plane, I understood why. The air smelled sweet like sage and wildflowers. We spent the week riding, exploring Yellowstone, learning to fly fish, river rafting, and bonding. An unforgettable adventure.
4. Spain with my mother, in 2000. She’s always been the traveler, the adventure seeker in our family. Growing up she and my dad would take my siblings and me on trips in the family station wagon during summer vacation. We managed to see almost every state.
5. Flying over Kauai in a helicopter to the Magnum P.I. soundtrack. Breathtaking.
6. Flying over the Grand Canyon in a helicopter. No words can describe its grandeur.
7. Cayuga Lake in Ithaca, New York. Family, food, fishing, a secret garden, and Tush Rock. Great place for fireworks, a cocktail, and cultivating ideas. Hope to get the finishing touches on a new manuscript when I visit this summer.
8. Minneapolis, Minnesota. It was the place that I became mesmerized by the smell of books in a publisher’s warehouse at a very young age, thanks to a family friend. Met some of the great Detroit Tigers after they played the Twins, and learned that the friendship of a WWII buddy meant the world to my dad.
9. England and France. Another trip with my mother and sister. I loved the English country side. I’m a big tennis fan so watching Wimbledon was a dream. My favorite places in Paris were Musée d’Orsay and Montmartre. Nice and Monte Carlo made everlasting impressions upon me.
10. Isle of the Palms. There is nothing like spending the week at the beach with two boys. Crabbing, splashing in the surf, watching fireworks, and exploring Charleston were all part of the adventure.
Maggie Abernathy learns that pesky neighbors, John and Chloe McIntyre are moving to Montana. The only problem is…she can’t fathom living without them now that they’ve stolen her heart. While trying to digest the news and accept John’s decision to leave Michigan, Maggie ventures to Chicago with Chloe to see Chloe’s Hollywood mother in a photo shoot, where the three kindle a quirky bond making it even harder to say goodbye. With the support of Maggie’s meddling mother, best friend Judy, and a surprise visit from Montana rancher, Winston Ludlow McIntyre, Maggie begins to wonder which fork in the road leads home.
Linda’s inspiration comes from her favorite authors and life itself. Her women’s fiction highlights characters that peel away outer layers of life to discover the heart of their dreams with some unexpected twists and turns along the way. Her writing integrates humor found in everyday situations, as well as touching moments that make readers connect with her characters. Maggie’s Way is her debut novel, in her Montana Bound Series. Maggie’s Fork in the Road and Maggie’s Montana are Books 2 and 3 in the series.
Linda has an Associates Degree in Interior Design and a Master’s Degree in Reading and Language Arts with undergraduate work in Elementary Education and Fine Arts. She wrote and illustrated a children’s book titled, The Hunter for her Master’s Degree. Linda is a member of RWA, as well as the Greater Detroit Chapter of RWA.
Linda has two grown sons, lives with her husband, and rescue dog in Royal Oak, Michigan.
Maggie’s Way was a contest finalist for the 2016 Booksellers Best Award and The Romance Reviews Readers Choice Awards–Summer 2016.
Where to find Linda…
Leave a comment – you could win an e-book of Maggie’s Way.