Engaging and entertaining, Mr. Bob Cassels is an expert at referral marketing.
At last evening’s GWIN (Guelph Women in Networking) meeting, Mr. Bob challenged us with several provocative questions:
• What do you do with your client list?
• Are your customers referring you to new customers?
• How much time do you spend with existing customers?
• Do advertising companies guarantee increased sales?
• Do you have a system that promotes customer retention and rejuvenation?
Mr. Bob has a clear mission.
Using his unique Cassels Opinionnaire, he can help small businesses flourish in a crowded marketplace. Throughout the seminar, he stressed that present customers are a goldmine for repeat sales and new referrals.
I was surprised by the statistics he shared from Fabled Services by Betsy Sanders. In response to the question, “Why Do Companies Lose Customers?”
Sanders discovered that…
• 1% died.
• 3% moved away.
• 5% were influenced by friends.
• 14% were dissatisfied with the product.
• 68% were turned away by an attitude of indifference on the part of a company.
Mr. Bob’s Bottom Line…
“I recommend you spend a little less on new sales and retain more customers by spending more on the 68% you could potentially lose from indifference. At a fraction of the cost of obtaining new customers, you can show your existing ones that they are appreciated. Customers who are appreciated spend more.”