I’m happy to welcome back Wild Rose Press author Sadira Stone. Today, Sadira shares ten inspirational quotations and her new release, Gelato Surprise.
Thanks so much, Joanne, for welcoming me back to your blog. Since I’ve already chatted with your readers about my reinvention from high school teacher to romance novelist, today I’d like to share ten of my favorite inspirational quotations. ‘Cause goodness knows we all need inspiration to keep us moving forward during the Quarantimes!
1. “Honey, ever’body’s got somethin’ to teach you, even if it’s how not to be.” This golden nugget came from an older Southern lady I worked with when stationed in Fort Stewart, Georgia. My job: to help folks process their claims after a reassignment move had mashed up their household goods. Lots of negativity heaped on me by pissed-off customers who often took out their ire on me. This reminder served me well then, and every year since.
2. “Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we’re here we might as well dance.” I couldn’t hunt down a reliable attribution for this one, but it’s my Northern Star. There’s so much I can’t change about my circumstances, but I can still enjoy my time, look for new opportunities, and write schmexy romance books.
3. “The grubby chores will still be there when you’re done whining, so you might as well do them now.” ~Mom
Her work ethic and practicality have served me well.
4. “The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Don’t you feel exhilarated after going somewhere new, meeting someone new, trying something new? I sure do.
5. “Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself. I am large. I contain multitudes.” ~Walt Whitman
My favorite poet and proto-hippie refused to be squashed into a box of others’ expectations.
6. “Don’t fence me in.” ~Gene Autry
We women, especially, face societal pressures to make our lives smaller. Phooey to that!
7. “Insight, curiosity, to wonder, to mull and to muse why it is that man does what he does. And if you have that, talent makes no difference, whether you’ve got it or not. ~William Faulkner
As a writer, I sure hope he’s right.
8. “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.” ~Marie Curie
She should know!
9. “Take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are magic.” ~Freda Kahlo
Again, we women must resist others’ urgings to settle for less than we deserve.
10. “The best work anyone ever writes is the work that is on the verge of embarrassing them. Always.” ~Arthur Miller
True! My best work comes when I spill my heart’s blood on the page.
She came to the beach to find herself—and found him.
Forty-two-year-old divorcée Danielle Peters ends up alone on her family’s annual beach vacation. Maybe time to herself is exactly what she needs. That and gelato from her favorite ice cream shop. But when the owner’s intoxicating young nephew offers more than sweet treats, she’s tempted to indulge in a hot summer fling before returning home.
Thirty-one-year-old Matteo Verducci craved a fresh start to mend his broken heart, and he’s found almost perfection in Ocean View, where he scoops gelato by day and crafts furniture by night. But when a sexy older woman stops to sample his wares—Mamma mia! He only has two weeks to convince her their passion is more than a delicious surprise.
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Apple Books | Kobo | Google Play Books
Ever since her first kiss, Sadira’s been spinning steamy tales in her head. After leaving her teaching career in Germany, she finally tried her hand at writing one. Now she’s a happy citizen of Romancelandia, penning contemporary romance and cozy mysteries from her home in Washington State. When not writing, which is seldom, she explores the Pacific Northwest with her charming husband, enjoys the local music scene, belly dances, plays guitar badly, and gobbles all the books.
Where to find Sadira…
Author Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | BookBub | Amazon Author Page | Pinterest | Instagram | Author Newsletter
These are wonderful quotes and I liked your comments, Sadira, after each quote.
Joanne, thanks for posting this romance. ❤
Thanks so much for hosting me today, Joanne!
You’re very welcome, Sadira. Best of luck with sales. 🙂
Love the unexpected inspirational quotes! Great post!
Love the quotations!
I especially like #3 🦉
two of my favorite authors, together! this was a nice blog post. good job.
Great quotes, I like 6, 7 , and 8 especially. 3 is so true ..lol.
Sounds like a interesting novel.