I’m thrilled to welcome Wild Rose Press author Nina Barrett to the Power of 10 series. Today, Nina shares her favorite quotes and her latest release, Renegade Heart.
1. Just don’t give up what you’re trying to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong – Ella Fitzgerald.
2. You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them – Michael Jordan.
3. Don’t let the noise of others opinions drown out your own inner voice – Steve Jobs.
4. Continuous effort – not strength or intelligence – is the key to unlocking our potential –Winston Churchill.
5. Success is not final, failure is not fatal – it is the courage to continue that counts.
6. There is only one way to account for things – to tell the whole truth about them, holding nothing back, the reader the way it truly happened, the ecstasy and sorrow, the remorse and how the weather was, and with any luck the reader will find his way to the heart of the thing itself – Ernest Hemingway.
7. Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the heart – Goethe.
8. Every writer ever published has a suitcase full of unsold manuscripts under the bed – Sue Grafton.
9. You can’t let praise or criticism get to you. It’s a weakness to get caught up in either one – John Wooden.
10. Finish the book. Write another book. Write another book – Nina Barrett.
As if Vegas didn’t have excitement enough, December brings the National Finals Rodeo to the city. Heading the Imperial Hotel’s participation as a host hotel, Kerstin Hennepin is rushing to a meeting when a fall sends her tumbling into a stranger’s arms and he’s in no hurry to let her go.
Jake Aaron is a troubleshooter for the rodeo Or maybe he’s just plain trouble. Their attraction is instant and one close encounter leads to another, but Jake comes with plenty of questions. True he’s busy handing the offstage antics of rowdy rodeo contestants, but does his job also include romancing a young barrel rider and carrying a concealed weapon?
With the finale of the Finals approaching, Kerstin needs answers. But when her search for the truth reveals more is going on behind the scenes than on the arena floor, she and Jake are squarely in someone’s cross hairs.
Where to find Nina…