Banana bread is one of my favorite comfort foods. It is so versatile and can be eaten at almost anytime of day. When I’m running late, I have yogurt and a slice of banana bread for lunch. It’s also a good snack idea when those hunger pangs hit in mid afternoon.
Try this quick, easy-to-prepare recipe:
1¾ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
2¼ tsp double acting baking powder
½ tsp salt
1/3 cup margarine
2/3 cup sugar
¾ tsp grated lemon rind
2 eggs, beaten
1¼ cups ripe banana pulp
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Resift flour, baking powder, and salt together.
• In a separate bowl, blend the margarine, sugar and lemon rind until creamy. Beat in the eggs and banana pulp.
• Add the sifted ingredients in 3 parts to the sugar mixture.
• Beat the batter until smooth.
• Place the batter in a greased bread pan.
• Bake the bread for about one hour or until done.
• Cool before slicing.