I’m thrilled to welcome Soul Mate author R.B. Austin to the Power of 10 series. Today, RB shares her favorite quotes.
Thank you so much for hosting me, Joanne! Listed below are ten of my favorite quotes.
I love words that when pulled together cause me to think. To feel. Or want to change. Or help me realize I’m not alone this is a huge, sometimes scary, world.
I hope you, dear readers, find some inspiration to brighten or change your day.
1. Never give up…No one knows what’s going to happen next. –L. Frank Baum
2. The mind I love must have wild places. –Katherine Mansfield
3. And what is empty turns its face to us / and whispers: / “I am not empty, I am open.” Tomas Transtromer
4. Do you think that I count the days? There is only one day left, always starting over: it is given to us at dawn and taken away from us at dusk. –Jean-Paul Sartre
5. In a time of destruction, create something. –Maxine Hong Kingston
6. Is this why we love at all? To save. –From the movie “A Winters Tale”
7. For there is nothing lost, that may be found, if sought. –Edmund Spenser
8. Be a lamp, a lifeboat, or a ladder… -Rumi
9. We can only die in the future, I thought; right now we are always alive. –Amy Hempel
10. Your thorns are the best part of you. –Marianne Moore
The war between Apollyon and the Trihune has begun.
Lucas scours the street in need of a fix. He captures his enemy instead of kills. Spins lies instead of truth. Seeks darkness instead of light. So close to the edge with no concern for the fall.
The map was foretold. Its key long lost.
Sent on a mission to find the key necessary to defeat Apollyon, Lucas meets Kate. Fiery, powerful, unable-to-touch-any-object Kate. As his feelings for her grow, the addiction inside him wanes.
Until he learns she is not meant for him.
Find the key. Find the way and triumph.
His future with Kate is bleak. The darkness, too hard to control. The key, still lost.
Can Lucas win the battle raging inside his body in order to win the war rising on the streets?
RB Austin enjoys torturing dogs (dressing her Cairn terrier in knitted sweaters and booties), embarrassing her daughter (singing in the car . . . at the top of her lungs . . . with the windows open . . . at a stop light), and indulging in the second deadliest sin (chocolate, Swedish fish, chocolate, sour patch watermelons, and chocolate).
This author’s love of the sun puts in her in the more-than-likely-not-a-vampire category, unless you’re referring to the bloodsuckers in her Trihune series, then all bets are off.
She likes stalkers! . . . Well, not the creepy kind. So if you’re not creepy, she’d love to meet up with you on Facebook or Twitter.
Where to find RB…
Happy Release Day!