So many adjectives come to mind whenever Margaret Thatcher’s name comes up, many of which have earned her the nickname, The Iron Lady.
Agree or disagree with her politics, we all recognize her extraordinary achievements as the first and only female prime minister of Great Britain (1979-1990). She has demonstrated to all of us there isn’t a glass ceiling that cannot be shattered.
Some of my favorite Lady Thatcher quotes…
· If you want something said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman. (1965 speech)
· You don’t win by just being against things, you only win by being for things and making your message perfectly clear. (February 1975)
· Where there is discord, may we bring harmony. Where there is error, may we bring truth. Where there is doubt, may we bring faith. And where there is despair, may we bring hope. (May 1979)
· Pennies don’t fall from heaven—they have to be earned here on Earth. (November 1979)
· To those waiting with bated breath for the favourite media catchphrase, the U-turn, I have only one thing to say. You turn if you want to. The lady’s not for turning. (October 1980)
· Defeat? I do not recognize the meaning of the word. (April 1982)
· No one would remember the Good Samaritan if he’d only had good intentions. He had money as well. (January 1986)
· I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. (April 1989)
· If you just set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time and you would achieve nothing. (May 1989)
Do you have a favorite Lady Thatcher quote?